I like to share information and help make the Internet a better place.
Thanks for reading.
Search the Blog
- Doug on Buddhist Suggestions for Helping in Gaza, Iraq and Ferguson
- Tommy KANEKO on Buddhist Suggestions for Helping in Gaza, Iraq and Ferguson
- Doug on My Visit to Utsunomiya, Japan
- Doug on Famous Korean Poetry on a Fan
- Pink Ninjabi on My Visit to Utsunomiya, Japan
- Pink Ninjabi on Famous Korean Poetry on a Fan
Category Archives: Fashion
Yesterday, I was reading a good blog post by reader “Johnl” who has lived in Japan for 30 years. The article is about the importance of fashion and image in Japan (and why it matters), but it also talked about … Continue reading
(Photo courtesy of Korea.net’s Flickr page) Many traditional cultures have some kind of clothing that embodies the culture. When you see a girl in a kimono, you think “Japan”, if you see someone in cowboy clothes you think “America”, or … Continue reading
Hi Everyone, Recently, I started wearing five-toed socks or gohon yubi sokkusu (五本指ソックス) recently after a purchase at REI and they feel great.1 Five-toed socks are pretty common in Japan, and my wife and her family often wear them. The … Continue reading
I grew up in the Seattle area almost my entire life. Until recently, people here dressed like we’re all going camping, or at least doing something outdoors, but this was basically all I knew. It is the Pacific Northwest after … Continue reading